Gyro Shack is seeking an Hourly Manager for our location on the Grove Plaza in Downtown Boise.
- This position is hourly due to limited store hours and flexibility in schedule.
Gyro Shack is a Boise based quick-service Mediterranean brand with 9 locations in the Treasure Valley.
We take the traditional Chicago-style gyro and elevate it with new and unique flavor options centered around the guest experience.
As a growing franchise Brand we love hiring people who want to work in an environment centered on guest service and are looking for an opportunity with room to grow!
The store manager will oversee product quality, operational standards and training. The store manager will manage sales and profitability and oversee the budget and reporting.
- Enforce all company policies.
- Resolve guest complaints.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawers.
- Responsible for conducting daily and weekly inventory.
- Responsible for checking in the inventory.
- Oversee training of new team members.
- Ensure team morale and motivation remains high.
- Ensure facility is clean and maintained at all times.
- Answer phones in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained.
- Ensure safe food handling is being followed.
- Ensure that all food and products are high quality and prepared and served following set standards.
- Ensure portion control.
- Ensure the restaurant achieves objectives in sales, costs of goods, profitability, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation and cleanliness.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Make employment and termination decisions.
- Responsible for following banking procedures and making deposits.
- Schedule team members.
- Analyze reports and make necessary management decisions.
- Conduct team member meetings.
- Help out in all restaurant positions when necessary.
- Perform quality control checks on kitchen operations and FOH operations to ensure an exceptional experience for all guests.
- Monitor labor and food costs.
- Ensure that restaurant policies on team member performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Responsible for delegating responsibilities and duties to staff.
- Perform temperature checks on food items and record findings
- Perform temperature checks on refrigeration units.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, team members and guests.
- Adhere to company standards, including personal hygiene and appearance.
- Adhere to health department codes regarding food sanitation and handling.
- Be certified with ServSafe.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Over 18 years of age
- Previous restaurant management experience preferred
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs.
- Effective communication skills
Endless Opportunities – The Sky is the limit if you are committed and willing to work hard with us!
50% off Employee Meals
Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Arete Food Group is a Boise based group who owns both Gyro Shack, a quick-service Mediterranean brand with 8 locations in the Treasure Valley and Negranti Creamery, a Sheep's Milk Ice Cream Brand licensed out of Paso Robles, CA.
As a growing food group with multiple Brands we love hiring people who want to work in an environment centered on guest service and are looking for an opportunity with room to grow!
Check out our currently available position in the Search area above.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)