- Follow The Gyro Shack procedures in preparing menu items ensuring temperatures are adjusted accordingly.
- Arrange, prepare and break down station while maintaining the uppermost hygienic standards.
- Clean/sanitize food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils.
- Prep ingredients found on the line.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each guest, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon in order to prepare them for later use.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock and restock workstations.
- Put orders away and keep BOH organized.
- Ensure station is cleaned and stocked at all times.
- Over 18 years of age
- Previous cooking experience preferred
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs.
- Effective communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Arete Food Group is a Boise based group who owns both Gyro Shack, a quick-service Mediterranean brand with 8 locations in the Treasure Valley and Negranti Creamery, a Sheep's Milk Ice Cream Brand licensed out of Paso Robles, CA.
As a growing food group with multiple Brands we love hiring people who want to work in an environment centered on guest service and are looking for an opportunity with room to grow!
Check out our currently available position in the Search area above.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)